Manager/Senior Manager, Accounting Compliance & Reporting Technology Portfolio Owner, Asia Pacific T
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Work with different teams on projects in varying locations
- Connect locally and globally from anywhere using our advanced technology solutions
We are looking for a Manager/Senior Manager Technology Portfolio Owner within the Asia Pacific Tax Centre: Accounting Compliance and Reporting team. This role can be based from any of our Australian offices and is offered on a flexible full time basis.
As part of our regional Accounting Compliance and Reporting (ACR) team across Asia Pacific, you will be working with colleagues in Asia Pacific countries, APTC and our Global Talent Hub (GTH) in Manila to drive forward the technology portfolio, related to the delivery of accounting, finance and statutory reporting services. You will have the support from specialized teams (MSNav, Statutory reporting, etc.) to deliver the specific implementations and maintenance of ACR tools.
Your key responsibilities
- Client facing responsibilities:
- EY accounting technology demo to the multicountry clients during the proposal presentations
- Discussions with the multicountry clients about the Client systems and EY systems interfaces, technological data collection requirements, data security matters, etc.
- Supervision and guidance for: implementation and maintenance of the Client and EY systems during the engagement transition phase; parametrisation of EY systems for the client specific multicountry projects (to be performed by GDS dedicated technology teams)
- Support and define the APAC ACR Technology roadmap & Investment Plans, including recommendations on buy/ build strategy for each key technology toolset requirement - in alignment with the Global ACR technology roadmaps
- Facilitate required TTOC due diligence for Tax Quality, Independence, Legal, Security and Vendor Assurance requirements, as required
- ACR services delivery technology ecosystem maintenance:
- Alignment with the global ACR and Finance Managed Services strategy, roll out of the global tools to APAC countries: TR One source (or alternative) for statutory reporting, MSNav for bookkeeping, Power BI for data analytics and reporting, Document workflow, OCR, etc.
- Coordinate global tools localisation with the local country teams and requirements (language requirements, tool country certification, etc.)
- Coordinate with Area stakeholders and Global IT the procurement of the new multicountry tools/upgrade existing tools
- Initiate and manage inhouse multicountry ACR technology build out projects
- Vendor management including negotiations and supervision with external ACR software providers
- Advise to country practices with regards to country specific tools deployment. Alignment of the country specific tools with the overall ACR technology strategy
- Excellent analytical and management skills
- Overall knowledge of finance, accounting and tax processes and technology
- Good knowledge of the landscape of finance and accounting related tools (SAP, Oracle, MSNav, Thomson Reuters, Power BI, Tableau, OCR, Workflow, etc.)
- Excellent IT implementation project management skills
- Proven experience in managing multiple priorities, budgets and stakeholders in multiple IT related projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - comfortable to work across borders with a wide network of people
- Coordination and prioritization, resourceful and analytical, independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
- Experience and knowledge of IT project management, accounting and reporting processes; statutory compliance, financial reporting and ERP systems
Our Asia Pacific Tax Center ("APTC") operates as a team of highly experienced tax professionals from across Asia Pacific who focus on delivering efficient and effective resources to companies in the region. The APTC forms part of the Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) which is tasked with the sales, implementation, governance and delivery of multi-country compliance service. Our goal is to improve quality, manage risk, create efficiency and drive value. Our market leading approach combines standard and efficient processes, highly effective tools and an extensive network of local tax and accounting professionals, in more than 140 countries. Our clients benefit from an integrated, consistent, and flexible quality service to address direct and indirect tax compliance, statutory accounting and financial reporting, and tax accounting.
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges , career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Make your mark. Apply Now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.