Senior Audit Manager - Corporate Sector
Our client is looking to recruit a senior manager to build upon a period of strong growth and support new audit and advisory clients. The key aspect of the role will be to work closely with Partners running a busy portfolio working with a range of clients within our corporate sector.
Our client is a Top 30 firm based in Central London. They are a well-established practice with many years' experience in professional services; covering financial, auditing, accounting and taxation services along with expert business advice. Our client also provides a great opportunity for client exposure.
This firm looks after its staff and put a lot of energy into ensuring they feel rewarded, providing many opportunities for career progression.
This firm have also previously won the Mid-Tier Firm of the Year at The British Accountancy Awards showing their determination to be outstanding.
You will be expected to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities. The key sectors that we operate in as a firm are Creative Media Technology ("CMT"), Hospitality, Financial Services and Property.
Responsibilities below are generalised and are no way exhaustive:
- Audit: statutory audit, planning, completion, attend / lead client meetings etc.
- Being a key point of contact throughout the year
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients as well as prospective clients
- Accounts preparation
- Provision of general business advice to clients
- Managing the overall service delivery to clients
- Corporate finance projects (Due diligence, AIM/Standard listings, reverse acquisitions etc)
- Other special projects
- Client billing and job recoverability
- Prospective client meetings
- Assist in supervising/managing the audit staff including having a responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for career development of others
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations
- Assist where required in the general running of the audit department
- Reporting directly to the partner and having several direct team members report to you.
The successful candidate will be able to multitask in terms of handling multiple clients simultaneously
- Excellent technical and personal skills to service a portfolio of clients efficiently and effectively
- Excellent communication skills and be confident, articulate and able to communicate at all levels externally and internally
- Ability to produce high quality business style reports for non-executive committees
- Presentation skills for tendering for new work
- A team player with the ability to prioritise work and work to tight deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Ability to successfully support, nurture and motivate different team members
- Experience of auditing international groups
- Expert in producing group financial statements and consolidations
- Strong knowledge of both IFRS and UK GAAP (including FRS101/102) and international standards on auditing
- Working knowledge of Tax
- Experience of Caseware or similar accounts production software
- Experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and onsite reviews
- Pension - 5% non-contributory
- Holiday - 25 days
- Death in Service cover
- Group Income Protection Insurance
- Trading of holiday