Team Lead, Transfer Agency (Settlements)
About The Department:
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, finance and investor services. Transfer Agency is a growing department based over 4 locations Limerick, Dublin, Bangalore and Pune. It’s a fast paced environment offering all partners excellent opportunities to grow their careers.
The Document Management / Registration Team is responsible for on boarding new clients and investors, whilst managing and maintaining client, investor and agent documentation according to regulatory, compliance and operational requirements.
About The Role:
Reporting to the Transfer Agency (TA) Settlements Manager, the Team Leader is responsible for the day to day supervision of the settlements team within the TA Finance Settlements Department. The department is responsible for the processing/QA/Exception management of all TA related Payments, receipts ensuring that all client service standards and regulatory requirements are met, together with working with partners in different jurisdictions.
- Responsible for the delegation of all tasks on a daily basis.
- Ensure Team meet all deadlines and that work is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure all Team members are aware of their responsibilities and that there is sufficient cover for all tasks.
- Ensure all tasks are contained within daily checklists and are signed off daily, thus ensuring all tasks have been completed.
- Ensure that Payments Team Mailbox is kept up to date at all times and that all emails are responded to and filed in a timely manner.
- Communicate with other Teams within NT and with external parties to ensure all reconciliations breaks are cleared in an efficient and timely manner.
- Schedule regular team meetings ensuring all partners complete actions assigned within agreed deadlines.
- To prepare/quality check the various Settlements Operations.
- To investigate settlement exceptions prior to relevant deadlines.
- Production of Daily, weekly and monthly stats/KPI's
- Monitor and assist on the queries and liaise with other departments where necessary
- Assist in the continued process of TQM (total quality management)
- Day to day assistance and guidance provided on the processing quality and timeliness in Bangalore, seeking appropriate information from local management there where required
- To work with the Manager and Group projects area on any allocated.
- Client/system projects.
- Maintain relations with third parties - to include Client, internal relations with other departments and Auditors.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Previous Financial Services experience desirable
- Knowledge of Cash Management, Settlements & banking/formatting of bank details advantageous
- People management experience desirable
- Ability to review and resolve complex issues
- Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
- Customer Service experience
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word skills
- Experience in working with Multiple Currencies
- Knowledge of cashbooks
- Knowledge and understanding of working within a regulatory Environment
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades! https://www.northerntrust.com/united-states/about-us/accolades
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.