Senior Associate - Global Compliance Management Services (GCMS)
The Global Compliance Management Services centre is seeking to fill a full time Senior Associate. This position will be part of the Global Compliance Management Services (GCMS) practice which are priority global tax service lines of KPMG. GCMS assists multinational companies and local companies to manage their corporate compliance requirements effectively and efficiently.
Overall responsibilities include working with colleagues and clients across multiple jurisdictions in performing the below listed compliance activities. These responsibilities will include:
Statutory Reporting & Transfer Pricing (Primary)
- Preparing Statutory Financial Statements and associated working papers
- Prepare transfer pricing calculations for advanced transfer pricing & profitability reviews
- Complete transfer pricing schedules which form the basis of transfer pricing documentation
- Ability to discuss accounting and auditing requirements with client’s
- Responsible for preparing VAT and other returns along with reconciliations
- Responding to queries on compliance deliverables and data
- Supporting corporate tax computations and tax returns through data retrieval, review & query management for timely submission to the tax authorities.
- Compile information for submission to the tax authorities during tax audits.
- Applying documentation retention standards per KPMG risk management policies
- Working with data (retrieval, reconciliation, and analysis) necessary for compliance
- Coordination and workflow management
- A recognized university degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Economics or relevant field are preferred.
- Professional qualification in Accounting
- 3+ years’ related experience (preferably statutory and tax) with exposure to financial statement preparation/ auditing and accounting standards
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong capability with technology
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team to manage in a fast pace environment.
- Proactive, responsible, and inquisitive are key to being successful in this role.
- Willingness to learn and leverage the KPMG technical development opportunities.
- Targeting individuals who have completed an accounting qualification
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.