Interim Financial Controller
An excellent opportunity for an experienced finance professional, with sector experience, to join a growing Multi Academy Trust, on a 3-6 month interim assignment. The MAT are looking for an immediate start.
A growing Multi-Academy Trust in Bedford.
- Prepare and submit financial returns, including the annual accounts
- Oversee the preparation and development of the monthly management accounts.
- Present detailed management information to trustees, governors, and senior management.
- Ensure compliance with financial accounting procedures.
- Act as the Chief Financial Officer for the Trust
- Undertake line and performance management responsibilities for the central finance team.
- Working alongside Trustees and the Executive Team, ensure robust financial management in support of the Trust's growth strategy.
- Responsible for ensuring the finance function is able to deliver on all statutory obligations, and provide first class support on all financial matters.
The successful applicant will possess:
- A recognised professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Demonstrable experience within a Multi Academy Trust
- Management of significant budgets, financial reporting, financial systems and cash flow
- Experience of the management of staff
- Preparation of consolidated SORP accounts
A generous day rate dependent on experience