OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for the day-to-day management and coordination of the accounting functions of the hotel ensuring a high level of performance and accuracy.
Responsible for ensuring the finance operations are carried out in line with appropriate legislation, and internal and external audit requirements.
To work methodically, accurately, neatly and respect confidentiality at all times.
- Supervises the following positions: Accounts Payable & Payroll Supervisor & Income Audit & Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
- Uphold Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Company Standards of Service and assure the same from all Accounting colleagues.
- Responsible for Finance operations relating to Payroll, Accounts Payable, Income Audit & Accounts Receivable.
- Manage daily and monthly journals and ensuring accurate entries in general ledger.
- Manage daily deposits, over and short reports, research and reconcile over and shorts, and collect un-reconciled shortages.
- Responsible for cash banks.
- Maintain and report on all balance sheets, providing reconciliations to the Director of Finance for approval.
- Responsible for ensuring the monthly payroll is carried out with a high level of accuracy and in line with company policies and SOP’s.
- Responsible for the generation and timely payment of the hotels VAT liability.
- Responsible for the annual submission of the hotels PAYE Settlement Agreement.
- Responsible for ensuring all Finance Operations are in line with Internal Audit policies.
- Responsible for ensuring all Finance Operations are in line with applicable legislation and external audit requirements.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports for use by hotel management, corporate officers and hotel owners.
- Responsible for the completion of month-end closing of the books and assist in the preparation of accurate profit and loss statements, and other financial statements, budgets and reports.
- Responsible for the selection, supervision, development, appraisal, counselling and recommendation for termination of all accounting employees. Ensure that all accounting employees consistently adhere to uniform, grooming and appearance standards.
- Work closely with hotel department managers in developing effective and functional control procedures for their departments.
- Maintain effective communication within accounting department and with hotel departments. Ensure that accounting staff is kept aware of issues relating to the department and general hotel operations. Attend meetings as scheduled and meet regularly with accounting staff.
- Responsible for preparation of reports, policies and other communications as needed and/or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
ACCA Part-qualified to Newly-qualified.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Spreadsheets, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint, E-mail.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as spreadsheets and accounting documents.
Ability to write reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively with internal and external customers.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proven organizational skills, works well on their own, able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
Applicable job related skills as per Accountable duties.
Colleagues are encouraged to participate in the various committees within the hotel including, but not limited, to Service Plus, Health and Safety, and others as formed.
We are committed to an extensive programme of environmental initiatives and principles guided by the hotel's participation in Fairmont's 'Green Partnership Programme'.
Colleagues are expected / required to actively engage in promoting and incorporating good green practices as part of their daily routine; to comply with designated environmental duties within individual departments. Colleagues are also encouraged to engage in various hotel-organised environmental event days and community outreach activities and, for those colleagues who wish to become more directly involved, can express and interest in joining the hotel's Green Team.
Training and Development
Each colleague will have a clear understanding of their role and responsibilities within the business by attending the company Induction programme carried out by Human Resources and a departmental induction, which shall be carried out by a Trained Colleague. Colleagues should reach a certain standard before they will be required to carry out any tasks that would put the guests at risk, or where they felt they were being required to perform a task for which they were totally unprepared
Colleagues will be committed to their continued development within their current role in order that they can make a full contribution. There is also a commitment from the company to agree performance targets and review development needs and opportunities for all colleagues at regular intervals.
NB: Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.