Commercial Finance Analyst
A highly commercial role where you will be business partnering with various departments within the business. Furthermore, you will be leading the budgeting and forecasting cycles as well as providing analysis on market rends.
My client is an instantly recognisable auction house that specialises in high end sales.
Financial planning & Reporting
- Maintain an accurate view of the forthcoming sale pipeline (sales and profitability) and ensure this is accurately reported at Department and group level
- Completion of the global monthly management reporting pack for the cluster
- Assist with the local budgeting and forecasting process for the Department working closely with the Business Managers and Directors of the Department as well as the broader Commercial Finance team and FP&A
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of the financial results of sales with commentary
- Provide analysis to support the department's strategic decision-making such as margin trends by region, value level or art category
- Support the Department's evaluation of deal terms, after-sale offers and selling level decisions
- Calculate and provide reporting on selling the sale upside opportunities and risks
- Run pre-sale scenarios and break-even analysis for core market sales
- Work with the Commercial Finance team in ensuring the current sale profitability profile (sale context) and cost inputs are understood for deals under consideration
- Ensure material accuracy of sale and departmental GL actuals, reviewing results at a detailed level and requesting accrual or other month end adjustments as required
- Support the Department in their cost management providing variance analysis flagging potential overruns.
- Encourage a strong financial control environment in the department, advising on and ensuring appropriate cost and revenue recognition and supporting the business in following my clients' financial processes
- Undertake cost/benefit analysis to help ensure resources are allocated efficiently by the Department
Candidate skills & attributes:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Accounting Qualification
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including superior written and spoken communication.
- Capacity to work efficiently and effectively in high-pressure environment.
- Ability to build highly effective relationships with internal stakeholders within both finance and the business
- Strong financial systems understanding and good technical knowledge of key finance tools e.g. Excel, Hyperion
- Ability to apply business understanding to sense check financial reporting
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong follow-up skills with attention to detail.
A highly competitive package is on offer