Technical Co-ordinator, Investor AML
About The Role:
At Technical Coordinator level, the role requires the completion of workload, with guidance from colleagues and line management, to support AML compliance services aligned to:
AML Legislation/Regulation & Guidance/Best Practice.
The Ireland Investor AML Department’s processes and procedures.
There is a requirement to hold, build and maintain a strong relationship with the Northern Trust Transfer Agency and Client Services Departments to deliver a robust AML Compliance service to Northern Trust’s client and investor base.
- Takes responsibility for timely and accurate completion by Investor AML of workload allocated including tasks processed through Northern Trust’s workflow process.
- Actively participates in Investor AML’s’ review of investor documentation in adherence with Northern Trust’s AML policy and procedures.
- Takes ownership of the timely completion of various aspects of Investor Ongoing Monitoring, including Transaction Monitoring in particular.
- Works with colleagues and line management in reviewing such investor documentation and efficiently sourcing outstanding investor due diligence documentation (if any) with professionalism of approach and timely escalation of material issues arising.
- Escalates, and assists with resolution of, more complex problems and critical issues as referred to the Investor AML team, as well as those received from other internal and/or related external parties.
- Ensures that all queries from internal and external parties are dealt with efficiently and professionally, with support from line management where required.
- Takes ownership for completion of AML compliance support for clients in conjunction with Northern Trust colleagues and provides regular and meaningful periodic updates to line management and colleagues.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with clients and partners in other Northern Trust departments.
- Works with line management to ensure that the Investor AML team meets the required audit, risk and compliance standards as determined, from time to time, in accordance with changes in legislation and guidance.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of AML regulation and best practice and uses this knowledge to promote enhancements to Northern Trust’s AML processes and procedures.
- Performs additional work where volume or absence requires such workload to be completed.
Skills / Experience Required:
- Previous Financial Services experience desirable.
- Previous experience in an AML, Compliance or Transfer Agency role is an advantage
- Knowledge of the AML regulatory environment in Ireland.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Effective risk management.
- Ability to research, understand and deliver solutions to issues
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today!
- Want to learn more about our company? Visit www.northerntrust.com
- We are a leading global financial institution- Click here to check out our company accolades! https://www.northerntrust.com/united-states/about-us/accolades
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.