We are seeking to recruit an Actuarial Manager for the Grant Thornton Financial Services Advisory, Actuarial and Data Analytics team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person to join our team in the growing area of financial services, with a focus on actuarial and data analytics. This will be a challenging and fulfilling role, where you will lead a team of junior actuaries in projects related to reserving, Solvency II, risk management, data analytics and actuarial modelling for Grant Thornton’s advisory and audit clients. The role will sometimes require working in other financial services areas such as banking and aviation finance.
The role is to provide operational leadership and professional development to a team of data scientists and actuaries. The successful candidate will have exposure to a variety of jobs and will be required to contribute to the development of the team. The role will provide an excellent prospect to build a long term and sustainable career as well as exposure to industry specific developments such as IFRS 17 and data analytics.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives and use this knowledge on assignments.
- Provide operational leadership to junior actuaries and contribute to successful project management.
- Provide on-going training and support to junior actuaries and on-boarding of new hires, particularly from a technical perspective.
- Work towards becoming the subject matter expert in a relevant actuarial topic.
- Work in close proximity with project leaders and clients.
- Work to deliver to strict deadlines.
- Effective communication with management in respect of summary analysis and the escalation of key action points.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve issues, and provide analysis to inform key client deliverables;
- Contribute to internal reporting requirements including the preparation of operational reports, management updates and client presentations.
Required skills and attributes:
- 5-7 years of experience in an actuarial capacity in either life or non-life insurance.
- Acting professionally, ethically and with integrity.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexible, proactive and collaborative attitude.
- Knowledge of actuarial software relevant to experience: Prophet, SAS, ResQ, etc.
- Knowledge of the insurance legal and regulatory framework.
- Interest in developing data analytics skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in particular the ability to relate to senior management, staff and clients.
- Making good progress with actuarial exams.
- Excellent MS Word and MS Excel skills.
- Experience managing a team.
- Excellent MS PowerPoint Skills.
- Awareness of current developments in insurance.
- Experience with R, Python or similar languages.
- Experience with visualisation tools such as Tableau or PowerBI.
- Experience with cloud computing environments.
- Experience using version control software.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.