Accountant – Fund Accounting
Job Title - Fund Accountant (Senior)
Department - Fund Accounting
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world’s leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
- Calculation of Net Asset Value
- Calculation of tax reporting
- Auditor & Client liaison and queries
- NAV reporting
- First escalation point for Junior Fund Accountant
- Preparing and reviewing Net Assets Values, distributions, and other fund accounting output for subsequent review in a timely and accurate approach from both doer and reviewer standpoint.
- Recording and reviewing accurately, and in accordance with the Department policies and procedures, such accounting records as securities positions, corporate actions related, and journal entries from both doer and reviewer standpoint.
- Reconciling and reviewing various accounts, such as Custodian, Brokers, Counterparties, and promptly researching and correcting any variances from both doer and reviewer standpoint.
- Identifying exceptions and problems affecting accounting records and prices, communicating same to the first line of management (Team Leader), and assisting in their resolution.
- Responding and supporting client queries in a timely and efficient manner when required.
- Preparing and reviewing recurrent reporting for onward transmission (Internal, to the Trustees, Clients, Third Parties) and resolving any queries posed within specific timeframes in a prompt and professional manner from both doer and reviewer standpoint.
- Ability to use initiative in order to maintain reconciliation items at a minimum level for all accounts under responsibility.
- Carrying out duties in accordance with procedures.
- Escalate issues to the first line of management (Team Leader) that may have a significant impact on client satisfaction.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal partners ensuring appropriate service levels are met or exceeded.
- Liaising with internal and external departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, key clients and attending meetings when required.
- Communicating effectively both orally & in written form with internal departments and external bodies.
- Taking ownership with Manager(s) on various processes/projects, such as being assigned to support the lead and/or support implementing new processes in order to help the team be successful in their goals and KPIs.
- Being responsible of recertification process for BPDs, fund factsheet and client cheat sheet.
- Attending regular 1-1 meeting with Team Leader
Skills / Experience
- Proven understanding of multi region fund’s structures in a financial services NAV environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve the multiple daily deadlines for client deliverables, with a mature approach.
- Knowledge of the regulatory regulations pertaining to Unit Trusts, Mutual Funds and Open Ended Investment Companies (OEICs).
- Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising with the Fund Accounting team and other Internal Departments and Third Parties.
- Hold an accounting, business or mathematical qualification in university
- Demonstrating analytical skills.
- Excellent desktop, IT and systems skills. Experience of Sungard InvestOne would be an advantage. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word essential.
- Personal Skills
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgment skills.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.