Opportunities for Part- Qualified & Qualified Accountants in Private Equity Accounting (Limerick)
2 days left
- Full time
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Manager in the Private Equity Team. Our team provides Fund Accounting, Financial Reporting and Transfer Agency Services to our clients.
The Private Equity department has been based in Limerick since 2007. The Private Equity team consists of a team of 31 dynamic partners and continues to grow. Our clients include some of the most highly successful Private Equity houses globally. We use best in breed systems and cutting edge technology to deliver excellent services to our clients. Recently Northern Trust was named Global Private Equity Fund Administrator of the Year by the Global Investor Group.
Why choose a career Private Equity in Northern Trust?
- Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Private Equity team has grown to over 30 partners in our Limerick office
- Our Private Equity team delivers a full end to end service to our Private Equity clients across EMEA, including fund accounting, financial reporting and investor reporting giving our staff wide exposure and experience. No one day is the same in Private Equity.
- To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
- Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career
The successful candidate would manage a Private Equity team within our Limerick PE operation.
They would have responsibility for the delivery of high quality service to each of the clients assigned to that team(s) and continued professional development of our dynamic partners.
The candidate would play a key leadership role and contribute to the management, growth and success of the PE business.
- To oversee the call/distribution process, including review of payments, notices and sign-off of completed files
- To ensure investor queries are responded to on a timely basis
- To ensure all investor static data accurate
- To ensure appropriate AML is in place for each investor
- Manages the preparation of interim and annual financial statements for Private Equity Funds including the completion of consolidated financial statements for complex cross-border structures
- Active liaison with clients and external auditors, dealing with audit queries
- Ensures agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met
- Oversees the preparation of regulatory returns, including compliance reports, Central Bank and CSO returns
- Supervise and control the accurate, efficient and timely delivery of all valuations, capital accounts, quarterly statements and any other reports together with supporting schedules and/or working papers
- Oversee the preparation of performance fee, Internal Rate of Return and equalisation calculations as required by the prospectuses or financial reporting procedures for the fund
- Assist and provide cover where necessary for the timely preparation of financial statements/reports for presentation to client companies’ boards and attend board meetings, as and when required
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and oversee the management of both year-end and interim audit process via a monitored tri party timetable
- Ensures the accurate and timely payment of operating expenses
- Liaises with new clients to determine fund structure and level of detail required to support striking of NAV
- Provides unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external)
- Communicates effectively with clients, investors and associated parties on fund activities
- Ensures that operating arrangements are clearly established and documented on inception of a fund
- Ensures that documentation, legal and compliance issues are complete
- Keeps abreast of current activities in the PE market as well as industry and regulatory developments
- Liaises with other internal departments such as Trustee, Legal, Custody Company Secretarial permanent controls and compliance teams to ensure operating procedures meet regulatory, compliance, stock exchange guidelines, practices and principles as required by the business and local regulator
- Contributes to the marketing and sales process to prospective clients via sales presentations, RFP responses etc
- Holds a recognized Professional Accounting Qualification.
- Detailed knowledge of Irish/UK GAPP and IFRS
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory /tax regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Working knowledge of US and Luxembourg GAAP
- Strong Knowledge of Private Equity Fund Administration
- Demonstrate leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team
- Ability to participate in systems development projects
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Highly organized and self-disciplined
- Ability to demonstrate a structured and logical way of working
- Used to working to tight timescales, milestones and deliverables
- Self-motivated and supportive of colleagues
- Ability to challenge status quo and offer up ideas and innovation
- Ability to simplify the complex and translate structures into operational service models
- Risk aware entrepreneurship
The Employee Experience - Life at Northern Trust
Joining us, you would benefit from a positive work culture, where we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering access to a broad range of workplace support options including: flexible working; emergency family or child care support; professional mentoring; paid volunteering days etc.
Personal and professional growth – a world of opportunity
To support our Global business strategy, we have a number of Business Resource Councils committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and supporting employees in their personal and professional growth. We provide opportunities for networking, mentoring and personal and career development across demographic and geographic groups. In 2014, these groups were responsible for a broad range of personal and professional activities including, guest speaker thought leadership, elder care, nutrition for children, stress awareness day, language classes and religious and cultural celebrations to name a few.
Interested in giving back?
Volunteerism, philanthropy, sound business practices and ethics in addition to a conservation-minded approach to protecting the environment; all are integral to Northern Trust’s culture of caring and form the foundation of our corporate social responsibility (CSR). All employees are given 2 days paid leave to volunteer and support. Take a look our CSR report on our careers site to find out more.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of September 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $8.2 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.