Legal Cashier/Finance Assistant
My client is an established London law firm representing both UK and international clients. The Finance Assistant will support both the Finance Manager and the Senior Cashier. The support will be 75% cashiering and 25% accounts.
My client is an established London law firm representing both UK and international clients. With the role being based in central London.
The key responsiblities for the role of Legal Cashier/Finance Assistant are:
- Assistance with the preparation of monthly management accounts, and distribution of monthly management information pack.
- Computation of monthly prepayments and accruals, various control account, reconciliations, deriving and posting journals
- Maintain fixed asset register and depreciation computations, analyse and monitor certain key profit and loss items against budget and "last year" and similar compliance work.
- Assistance with partner and staff commission payments.
- Assistance with annual statutory reporting and SRA compliance.
- Ad Hoc analyses and reports that arise from time to time, either as a result of client or partner, or support department request and support with projects otherwise under the responsibility of the Director of Finance
- File opening in accordance with Anti Money Laundering Regulations.
- Assisting fee earners with reconciling completion accounts.
- Checking and approving client files for closure and archiving.
- Checking and posting bills.
- Client Accounts, processing all daily transactions including CHAPS and BACS payments on RBS Bankline and reconciling client bank on a daily basis.
- Office Account, processing all daily transactions, Check paid bills for unpaid disbursements and complete cheque requests, reconcile bank account on a daily basis.
- Post and reconcile internal transfers, run daily control reports and check for errors. Raise Client, Office cheques.
- Counsels' fees - prepare cheques and reconcile payments with counsel fee notes.
- Input and payment of purchase ledger invoice and check supplier statements against outstanding invoices.
- Petty Cash and expense payment and monthly reconciliation of the petty cash tin.
- Produce and send correspondence to the bank.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- At Least 5 years Legal Cashiering experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work quickly and accurately to deadlines.
Excellent organisational skills.
Ability to use initiative.
Ability to prioritise workload and manage priorities.
Ability to work flexibly and co-operatively with others.
Professional manner and appearance and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience of Pilgrim Lawsoft Desirable
A competitive salary of up to £32,000 plus extensive benefits