Manager, Transaction Support (Defence) - Newcastle
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Work with iconic government and industry clients
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiatives
We are looking for a Manager within the Transaction Support team in Newcastle. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis.
EY is one of four Major Service Providers (MSPs) to the Australian Defence Department's Capability Acquisition and Sustainment Group (CASG) in a partnership with Kellogg, Brown and Root (KBR). Known as the KEY Team, we have been appointed as one of two MSPs to provide professional services to the Integrated Soldier Systems Branch (ISSB) for a minimum 4 year period.
The KEY team is embedded in all these projects, continuing to deliver a range of support to the Commonwealth. This role will see you work directly with the Defence Project Director in LAND 3025 Phase 1, which is a program of works acquiring Counter Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosadive (C-CBRNE) capabilities.
Your key responsibilities
- Liaising with stakeholders from Defence legal, contracting, performance based contracting, engineering, sustainment and fleet management
- Working closely with ILS and Engineering teams to determine product specifications
- Strategic advice around overall commercial approaches and considerations, as well as strategic industry engagement
- Cost estimation and modelling
- Document drafting for Government approval of projects
- Risk analysis and assessment in a Defence context
- General Project Management to support the Defence Project Director
- Demonstrated commercial nous with 4+ years commercial experience and a Degree qualification
- Defence domain experience and interest, with demonstrated experience in CASG or the ADF
- A background in the Defence contracting environment with familiarity with the ASDEFCON suite and the Defence tender evaluation process
- An existing Australian Government security clearance, or an ability and willingness to obtain one in short order
- Able to work with minimal direction and control
- A sense of humour and a desire to enhance your commercial negotiation and relationship skills
Who are Transaction Advisory Services?
EY's Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) division offers strategic corporate clients and private equity client's professional transaction advice and services, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through to execution, and transaction integration. The goal is to help EY clients achieve their best capital performance, deliver value to their stakeholders and meet their strategic corporate objectives. Learn more about TAS here .
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.