Reporting to the CEO and board this role is key in making strategic decision for the charity as well as day to day running of finance with direct line management of a small team.
Small charity with a community based focus, care sector.
It is the responsibility of the Head of Finance
- Prepare management accounts and financial performance reports for CEO, relevant committees and Trustees
- Prepare Annual Accounts for external audit meeting all statutory reporting obligations
- Be the main contact for auditors
- Prepare budgets, cashflow forecast, and monthly management accounts
- Be responsible for Payroll, VAT returns and all HMRC reporting
- Oversee administration systems and procedures, contracts, compliance and payroll
- Financial analysis, forecasting and the preparation of year-end financial statements
- Develop and monitor the annual budget
- Design, organise and implement systems and procedures always striving for improvement
- Manage a small team of 3
- To be an ACA/ACCA qualified accountant or equivalent.
- Able to report accurate and timely financial information to a board of trustees
- Be commercially aware but also ethically aligned to the culture of the charity sector
- Personable, able to manage a team and work closely with other senior staff members
- Good excel skills
- £35000 - 40000 salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working