Assistant Financial Controller, UK Mortgages
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Financial control acts as the principal point of contact between the Finance Business Partner and Finance Services and takes lead responsibility in ensuring that the control environment around accounting processes is robust and that reporting delivery is timely and accurate.
The role is specifically in relation to the BOIUK UK Mortgages team. UK Mortgages utilises many distribution channels including the Post Office and AA partnership which gives this role a wide variety of experience working in a growing business.
Purpose of the Role
You will be responsible for significant elements of the monthly financial reporting for the UK Mortgage business as well as assisting in the preparation of Groups and BOI UK plc's financial statements.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the General Ledger for your business unit,
- Delivery of the monthly and quarterly close process including FINREP ensuring that underlying processing, review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice.
- Production of high quality financial and management reports.
- Review of financial reports and analysis ensuring that appropriate supporting detail is in place to substantiate and reconcile final balances.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and governance framework.
- Liaison with internal stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration, communication and issues resolution.
- Supporting the production of statutory accounts for UK plc and subsidiary financial statements.
What is the opportunity
You will have a key role in terms of UK plc's statutory and management reporting while being involved in the delivery of the monthly and quarterly close process. You will also gain financial control experience whilst working in a vibrant and growing business in the UK and exposure to senior UK finance management.
- 3rd level education with strong academic ability
- Qualified/part-qualified accountant from a recognised accountancy body.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines.
- Proven capacity to meet challenging targets.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Sound knowledge of accounting and banking sector.
- Knowledge of BCS and SAP R/3
Customer Focused - Self
One Group, one team - Self
Agile - Self
Accountable - Self
Manage Risk - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 21, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.