FS Accounting Advisory Senior Manager
1 day left
- Part time
Provide clients with accounting advice, support across accounting change (IFRS 9, 16 and 17 and transition between frameworks), group reorganisations and structuring, financial instruments accounting and reporting and other aspects of accounting, including training.
This is a growing, large accountancy firm which can provide excellent opportunities for promotion towards partnership.
As the Senior Manager in the Financial Services Accounting Advisory team you will play a key role in supporting the Financial Services Accounting Advisory Leader in ensuring to continue to deliver quality to clients when providing them with accounting advice, support across accounting change (IFRS 9, 16 and 17 and transition between frameworks), group reorganisations and structuring, financial instruments accounting and reporting and other aspects of accounting, including training.
- Supporting the Accounting Advisory Leader to scope, win and deliver accounting advisory engagements with reference to client needs, ensuring the high quality of our advice and support to clients.
- Leading and delivering accounting advisory assignments in the required timeframe as agreed with the client.
- Acting as a subject matter expert on technical accounting matters and supporting audit teams with such matters that arise during the course of an audit.
- Being the primary point of contact with senior members of client teams.
- Taking a leading role in the identification of business development opportunities.
This position is ideal for a technically strong individual at a Senior Manager level, who has broad experience of financial services from either a client-facing or technical specialist background and who wishes to maximise their potential in a growing professional services firm.
To be a successful in this role you will need will have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant accounting advisory experience, which involves the use of financial instruments and insurance contracts
- Recognised accountancy qualification e.g. ACA or ACCA.
- A self-starter who is enthusiastic and thorough when it comes to technical accounting challenges.
- Excellent practical knowledge of relevant technical standards (IFRSs and UK GAAP) and relevant laws and regulations, such as the Companies Act.
- Demonstrable experience of delivery of accounting advice with clients across the financial services sector, particularly banks and / or insurers.
Salary up to £82,000 plus benefits.