Audit Manager - AML
This position is an individual contributor role that manages audit engagements. Little to no travel is required.
The Auditor Manager develops and independently performs moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution for risk–based assurance and advisory engagements in the field of business operations, finance, compliance and/or information technology. Maintains a high degree of business contact through fieldwork, often serving as the principal fieldwork contact. Possesses comprehensive audit, business, and/or information technology knowledge. Mentors junior staff auditors on audit excellence, to include theory and application of audit and/or business/information technology techniques. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' Standards and Code of Ethics.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top–40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For??, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly?? Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
About USAA Audit Team
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Internal Audit function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Audit team! We are a diversified team of audit professionals, working across all USAA operations, seeing the incredible growth first–hand. USAA Audit Services affords you the ability to see USAA's Mission in action on a daily basis. In this role you are part of USAA's noble mission.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Executes and leads audit fieldwork on assigned internal audit engagements with limited to no supervision in support of execution of the annual audit plan. Manages engagement–related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor–in–Charge (AIC).
- Updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current data.
- Independently performs (and at times, prepares, reviews and leads) special reviews, investigations, monitoring activities, and work for external auditors and/or regulators. Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Mentors others on the use of various business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create queries and ad hoc reports. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions are drawn. Conducts fact finding interviews with client management.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related observations (business issues) and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership and conducts follow–up activities as defined in the observations.
- Supports the development of the departmental annual plan to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or other relevant field required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree AND 6 or more years of relevant audit experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects
- Advanced knowledge of internal controls, business/information technology risks and/or audit techniques
- Advanced knowledge of the regulatory environment for the financial services industry
- Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 4 – 5 years of direct experience working with BSA / AML compliance and expert in–depth knowledge with relevant regulations and regulatory expectations
- Experience working with federal regulators such as the OCC and Federal Reserve
- Knowledge of OFAC regulations
- Experience working in relevant, but non–traditional audit roles, such as compliance testing and quality assurance within first or second line compliance functions
- Preferred designations include CAMS (Certified Anti–Money Laundering Specialist) or other relevant business designation
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 10/08/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.