Bookkeeper - Growing Surrey Practice - Full Study Support
Ideal opportunity for anyone with at least one year experience in an Accountancy Practice who is looking to study towards a professional accountancy qualification at a leading Surrey Firm.
This very successful firm of accountants, based in Godalming has developed a deserved reputation for delivering quality services, along with building strong relationships with its wide ranging client base, across varying industries and size of client. The firm offers a very supportive and team focused environment. You will be encouraged to develop in your career, with the potential to develop new technical skills and develop within a bookkeeping role.
Joining as a Bookkeeper, based in the firms Godalming offices, you will join the firms outsourced finance team, working on your own portfolio, responsible for the collation of clients' financial data from source documents through to trial balance stage, both office based and on client site, using bookkeeping software such as Xero/Sage etc
Responsibilities will range across the following:
- Batch processing purchase invoices/bank payments
- Batch processing money in/constructing a sales ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparing supplier statement reconciliations
- Suggesting supplier payment runs
- Issuing customer statements on behalf of clients
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Control account reconciliations
- Posting payroll transactions
- Maintaining fixed asset registers
- Calculating and posting prepayments and accruals
- Submission of CIS returns
- Completing internal controls/checklists
- Preparation of management reports
- Acting as a point of contact for clients in relation to the accounting records
- Preparation of end of year file to aid production of financial statements
- You will carve a key position within this growing team, in a role and firm offering long term development prospects and the chance to develop in your career
Whilst holding an AAT qualification may be a bonus, if supported by a relevant career history and technical skill set, a strong, relevant, experienced background only, is equally of interest, as well.
You will have upwards of one years' experience, or more within accountancy practice ideally, in your career so far. Individuals with a background working within the accountancy practice sector, for a firm of any size, preparing management accounts, VAT returns, bookkeeping and other services, for a mixed client base of sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, will be of high interest. Alongside this, given the nature of this role, you may also come with a career background in commerce and industry, interested in the prospect of transferring your skills into the profession, perhaps attracted by the prospect and challenge, of dealing with wide ranging clients and adding value, supporting them, in a client facing capacity.
Salary between £20,000 - £25,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Full study support.