BDO is the Irish Member Firm of BDO International, a network with over 1,000 member firm offices worldwide and the world's fifth largest accountancy network. Our impressive headquarters are located in the heart of Dublin where we offer a wide range of Audit, Tax and Advisory services.
BDO is one of the world's leading accountancy and advisory organisations. We have clients of all types and sizes, in every sector, but that's only part of the story!
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
We are currently seeking a Qualified Senior to join our Dublin Tax Department. You will possess specialist tax knowledge and be a member of the Institute of Taxation in Ireland. In addition to a competitive package we offer substantial opportunities for career development.
The Role & Responsibilities Includes:
* Managing the compliance requirements of a broad portfolio of clients (primarily companies and also owner-managers, directors and HNW's)
* Reporting directly to members of the Senior Tax management group and Tax Partners
* Interpreting legislation and identifying precedent in preparing tax returns
* Researching and identifying tax planning issues and opportunities for clients
* Researching EU and other international tax related developments
* Liaising with other departments to plan and provide professional tax advice
* Preparation and filing of tax returns in relation to corporation tax and income tax. Ad-hoc input into compliance and advisory matters relating to all other tax heads including VAT, PAYE/PRSI, Capital Gains Tax, CAT, Stamp Duty, etc
* Supervision, development and mentoring of Tax trainees.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required:
* AITI Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA)
* CTA qualified
* Experience is Alphatax desirable but not essential
* Excellent academic background
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong technical skills across all tax heads
* Be commercially minded
* Be ambitious.