Page Personnel is working in partnership with a highly respectable retail business in Liverpool to recruit an Assistant Accountant.
Established over 30 years ago, this business has customers worldwide due to their renowned reputation through providing a high quality product and excellent customer service. They pride themselves on their heritage and have a desire to become the market leader across the globe.
Following some recent growth, they now have an opportunity to recruit a part qualified Assistant Accountant to join their accountancy function. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the role will be key to supporting the growth of the business and driving improvements across the finance team. Key duties will include:
- Cash flow analysis and reporting on money coming in and out, investigating any anomalies
- Preparing daily cash reports in line with required deadlines
- Variance analysis, looking at actuals to forecast and preparing future projections
- Analysing cash targets and working with key operational managers to report on where they are up to with target
- Preparing a cash flow summary and commentary for the board pack
- Analysing large amounts of data to help produce reports
- Daily and weekly bank reconciliations
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Solid experience working in a finance environment
- Ideally working towards a finance qualification - AAT/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
- Experience working in a cash management role previously
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong IT and Excel skills
- Flexible working approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable communicating with various stakeholders across the business
For this Assistant Accountant role, you will receive a fantastic benefits package and an attractive starting salary based on skills and experience. You will also receive study support to help you with your professional qualifications and personal development.