Job Title: VAT Specialist
Level: 9 - Specialist
Accenture is a finance, technology and consulting company delivering change for our clients and our people across the globe. We’re helping drive a technology revolution—from digital to cloud to security—that’s sweeping across industries and governments in virtually every country. We collaborate with our clients—including 80% of the Fortune 500—to transform their businesses to anticipate the evolving needs of their customers. At the same time, we strive to enable our people to build their careers in an open environment of inclusion and diversity, complemented by our competitive employee benefits approach.
Our Global Finance team works at the heart of Dublin’s digital docklands to provide strategic, operational and analytical support across Accenture’s global businesses. We drive career progression and skills development because we recognise that we succeed only when our people grow.
The VAT Specialist will partner with the Finance and Accounting teams and Country Controller teams to manage the VAT compliance and reporting function for internal Accenture business. In addition to playing this key strategy and analysis role, the successful candidate will lead, coach and develop a local team.
- Drive the transition of VAT activities in country into a centralized VAT team
- Ensure that all reporting and deliverables are accurate and met on a timely basis
- Build and maintain relationships with the Global Tax Group and internal Business Partners
- Develop in-depth knowledge of VAT rules and tools / applications supporting the VAT return process
- Manage, identify and improve compliance controls at each stage of the VAT return process
- Manage all aspects of the VAT return, ESL and Intrastat process as well as the VAT GL reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with local and EU VAT legislation
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and support with Tax Authorities audit queries
- Participate in preparation and delivery of VAT training to other Finance internal teams
- Support Manager on queries, reporting and ad-hoc projects and ensure internal controls are met
- Drive internal projects to minimize and mitigate VAT compliance risks
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Strong knowledge of VAT and Accounting Principles
- Demonstrated responsibility for timely delivery of tasks to tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility
- Good client relationship skills
- Resourcefulness / Problem Solving and Attention to Detail
- Strong cross team-working skills
- Strong MS Office skills required and SAP skills an advantage
- Experience in a tax and accounting environment working in VAT
- Professional tax qualification desirable, however VAT certificate and/or extensive VAT experience are highly considered.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.