Finance Business Analyst
New role for a 12 months fixed term contract to cover a maternity leave. They are looking for a Finance Business Analyst to join there team in Kidlington.
My client based in Kidlington are a large international business with good public transport links and parking on site. They are looking for a Finance Business Analyst to join there Finance team on a 12 months contract. This position will report into the FP&A Manager and mainly be responsible for analysis, actuals, budgets and forecasts.
If this role sounds of interest please apply!
Finance Business Analyst responsibilities:
Reporting & Controls
- Analyse, challenge and interpret the month end results to provide detailed analysis and insight into variances.
- Produce bridging and commentary between Actuals, Budgets and Forecasts. Understand the causes for large variances, provide documented commentary and challenge the variances with the sites.
- Production and distribution of the CD EMEA daily & weekly sales and margin reporting along with periodic group reporting submissions.
- Provide and interpret sales, margin, overhead and working capital trends and variances within the sites and offer timely challenge where required.
- Provide support with the production and distribution of the CD EMEA month end reporting pack.
- Prepare and review relevant Control files to ensure accuracy of data & postings along with detailed audit trail of periodic values.
- Develop value adding reporting and review processes and procedures where required to ensure efficiency and timeliness of information.
Forecasting & planning
- Review in conjunction with regional management quarterly forecasts and budgets and ensure submission into the Group reporting systems within the deadlines set.
- Support the forecast and annual budget process within the sites under guidance from the Head of FP&A, ensuring numbers are pressure tested and financial integrity of the numbers.
- Gain buy in from operational managers and become a credible part of the regional commercial and operations teams as well as an integral part of the finance team.
- Build relationships and understand the commercial aspects of the business to become the key finance point of contact for European businesses
- Providing support to local finance teams where necessary by understanding month end processes, systems and controls.
- Support investment appraisals within the sites and offer guidance where required, as well as helping to identify and track benefits arising from investment opportunities.
- Supporting the EMEA region, providing analysis, challenge and commercial support to the business to improve business performance and aid decision making.
- Manage profit enhancement plans to ensure delivery of gross margin and operating profit targets.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and ensure they are driven through to completion.
- Work with the Head of FP&A and other analysts to ensure consistency of approach and sharing of best practise across Components Europe.
- Provide support to the FP&A with ad-hoc projects and analysis, as and when required to ensure the business makes the correct, commercial decisions.
The successful candidate of the Finance Business Analyst must:
- Have experience in a similar role to the above job description
- Have good leadership skills to work on your own initiative
- Be able to work well in a team
- Be either immediately available or on a short notice period as they need someone ASAP
Finance Business Analyst job on offer:
- 12 FTC to cover a maternity leave
- Based in Kidlington
- £38000 - £44000
- Exciting opportunity to work for an international business!