Senior Analyst - Credit Assessment
This role will be responsible for managing the e2e credit operations mainly Managing Credit (MC-Assessment) of China (CN) & Hong Kong/Macau (HKMO) through the support of Associates and Analysts (dotted line reporting).
This role will support the Team Manager with regards to E2E credit management for the country through coaching the analysts/associates, engaging with business stakeholders and overall responsible of the performance of the country (credit assessment turnarounds).
This position will lead the discussion on complex customer and/or process issues and will be the first escalation point when there is a situation too challenging for Analysts, or as requested by stakeholders. In addition, this role will be appointed as a Process Lead for the team. The objective is to ensure standard Credit process is implemented consistently in the centre and continues to be improved for better effectiveness and efficiency.
This role is also responsible to manage the overall block order process for CNHKMO (exceeding credit), provide recommendations and also own and ensure smooth operations of related controls.
This role will be leading the following & additional duties as assigned
- Provide indirect supervision to the team – organizing and coordinating workload and acting as the point of reference for operational issues. This role is to assist in the coordination and control of the activities delivered by the team achieving excellence in performance as well as to be the back-up of a Team Lead’s role in the absence of the TL.
- Help lead the team to have a One Team mindset and live by WOW Behaviors for stronger delivery of the operations and customer satisfaction. Coach and be a role model to the team in living Shell’s core values with strong 5 behavioral imperatives.
- Support the development of high performing Credit Assessment team by focusing on individual and team development. Improving the credit and collection competencies within the team is a priority. This role also calls for supporting the interviewing process and act as a sparring partner to the Team Lead on hiring the right fit for jobs in North East Asia.
- Manage Credit Risk
- Responsible for the risk assessment of customers, negotiating and managing security arrangements, establishment of appropriate credit limits with necessary MOA and the analysis of the overall credit exposure.
- Responsible for the re-assessment of credit-worthiness of customers based on re-evaluation triggers and timelines. Provide authorized approval for the release of blocked orders in respect of credit.
- Perform detailed financial analysis of customer financial statements for development of a risk profile of each customer using analytical results to establish credit limits within designated authority level and prepare analysis write-up to obtain necessary MOA for decisions exceeding designated authority level.
- Ensure compliance with Global Downstream Credit policy, OCM standards & SOX controls.
- Meet/communicate with customer’s senior financial and business leaders to establish understanding of customer’s financial condition and business model as needed to complete credit analysis and to negotiate security when financial condition does not support credit exposure. Manage security arrangements to ensure timely actions taken to renew or replace expiring security instruments.
- Customer Service
- Acknowledge receipt of complaint with customer and Investigate & resolve the complaint. Act as the escalation point where the allocated resolution owner of a customer complaint is unable to provide a resolution.
- This role is also responsible to ensure that corrective and preventative actions resulting from complaints are of a suitably high standard and meeting the service level agreements. Have oversight of all business segment credit committee meetings. Be proficient in reporting routine and ad hoc business specific management information to the respective line of businesses.
- Continuous Improvement
- Assist to lead identification and realization of value both as a USD Business Impact outside FO as well as to improve cost efficiency within FO. Initiate and lead the improvement initiatives in the cluster, in full cooperation with Process Excellence team, and support other processes CI initiatives, in an e2e manner.
- Encourage the team to embed CI mindset and look for opportunity to improve, incl. Quick wins. Help to improve Shell working capital is also a key improvement objective.
- Conduct business engaging &/or cross functional partners. Keep up-to-date on issues by holding regular discussions with the Credit analysts and local Business Sales teams.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.