Part-Time (1 or 2 days a week) Accountant
An opportunity has arisen to join a Venture Capital & Private Equity firm in Central London to work as a Part-Time (1 or 2 days a week) Accountant. They will be responsible for the accurate and appropriate recording and reporting of financial transactions, maintaining necessary and appropriate records, files and processes to ensure the smooth and compiant operation of the business.
Our client are a firm that invests in leading European mid-sized companies, and actively helps them execute their investment plans. They have invested in companies in different industries, and have made divestments that have generated high returns. This role sits within their ideally located Central London offices.
Responsibilities of the Part-Time (1 or 2 days a week) Accountant:
- Manage the day-to-day accounting operations for the company, bookkeeping, and handling financial related queries
- Foreign currency and investment accounting
- Advise line manager of any outstanding issues
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filling and referencing documents in a timely manager
- Adhere to proper accounting standards
- Meet deadlines
- Collate, prepare and process expense claims
- Production of management accounts, ensuring accuracy or information and all relevant deadlines are met.
- Managing supplier relationships, processing invoices
- External Accountants
- Managing Director
- Numerous deadlines for different customers of varying importance
- Liaison with external firm of accountants
- Increase in workload at month/year-end
- must be able to deal with confidential information discretely
Qualification/Skills required of the Part-Time (1 or 2 days a week) Accountant:
- Accountancy qualification: part-qualified, qualified or qualified by experience.
- Solid bookkeeping and accountancy experience
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to apply numeric and thorough analytical skills to produce accurate, timely and meaningful information.
- Imperative that the person can work on own initiative with minimal levels of supervision.
- Positive and proactive attitude - ability to look for efficiencies and ways to implement, happy to get involved in areas that are not under remit and work the necessary hours to complete tasks
- Foreign currency accounting experience is preferable.
- Experience working within Financial Services would be an advantage but not a necessity.
Looking to pay up to £45,000 FTE