A permanent Finance Officer position with a charity in Brighouse, West Yorkshire. This position is with a fantastic Not-for-Profit organisation, and will involve processing accounts and producing financial reports, payroll and general administration & report writing.
The client is a Not-for-Profit organisation, with a well-established presence within Yorkshire. This role is based at their Brighouse, West Yorkshire office, working with the wider finance and office management teams.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintaining and overseeing sales ledger, purchase ledger, cash book & nominal ledger, using Sage Line 200, with the support of the wider team.
- Ensure accurate postings of all transactions.
- Maintaining and managing petty cash.
- Preparing & submitting tax returns.
- Preparing sales invoices.
- Preparing journals, checking the accuracy and consistency of postings.
- Developing a financial reporting procedure and support the wider organisation with financial queries and reporting.
- Promoting cost control by building and developing positive professional relationships with cost-effective suppliers.
- Preparing & processing monthly payroll using Sage.
- Preparing & distributing payslips, dealing with any queries or errors.
Candidates wishing to apply to the role should have:
- Previously worked in a similar role
- Experience with transactional finance and management accountants
- Previously used SAGE
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft Excel
- Previously worked for a Not-for-Profit or Public Sector organisation (desirable, not essential)
- Part-qualified in ACA, ACCA or CIMA (desirable, not essential)
The successful candidate will receive a fantastic opportunity to join an established charity, based at their Brighouse office. The organisation offers a competitive employee benefits package, working hours + holiday entitlement.