Senior Change and Business Manager, Fit for Future
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Fit for Future (F4F) team sits within Group Finance and is responsible for the delivery of the Group's strategic cost saving ambitions within the overall Transformation programme.
Purpose of the Role
As part of this team, the successful candidate will have the ability to analyse / summarise data, creating insights and commercially valuable outputs, and work collaboratively with business stakeholders to help deliver the transformation of the Group strategic cost plan.
What is the opportunity
This role offers an ideal opportunity to gain exposure to a strategically important and high profile Group programme and benefit from working within a diverse multi-disciplinary team, acting as ambassadors for the transformation agenda.
- Drive the overall Delivery of cost saving initiatives in a specific portfolio of business
- Work directly with key senior stakeholders in the business to build a clear delivery plan on the cost saving initiatives as part of the Fit for the Future Programme.
- Support the delivery of the Group Wide strategic and tactical plans to:
- Enable Brilliant Customer Experiences
- Deliver the Digital Bank
- Simplify our Organisation, and
- Source Strategically
- Ensuring formal project management governance is adhered to by the broader cross functional project team
- Weekly reporting to all internal and external stakeholders
- Design, consolidate and integrate and manage project plans for various projects to support delivery of the program
- Manage deadlines and co-ordinate team, both internal and external, to ensure efficient and effective delivery of initiatives
- Management of key external and internal dependencies between the projects
- Ability to manage a number of competing priorities, resources and projects at the same time
- Ability to operate and deliver in large Programme Structure.
Essential Skills and Experience
- 3rd Level Qualification
- Minimum 6 years' experience in Project Management or business management / delivery role
- Strong Delivery Focus with ability to meet challenging deadlines, while dealing with multiple priorities
- Strong business acumen and ability to align change with wider strategic goals
- Track record of interpreting financial and business information to influence and challenge the key drivers of business performance, including costs
- Significant experience in stakeholder management, cross functional delivery and implementation activities dealing with a large number of stakeholders
- Desire to lead and influence change in support of business objectives
- High energy, bias for action and focus on execution excellence
- Capacity to be proactive and in bringing new ideas/learnings to table
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Project Management or similar qualification
- Previous experience within an IT / Operational business function
- Previous experience in a cost or efficiency programme
One Group, one team - Leader
One Group, one team - People Manager
Agile - Self
Accountable - Leader
Champion Transformation - Leader
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 25, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.