Financial Control Manager, M&T Financial Control Team
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Markets & Treasury division is the treasury division of the Bank of Ireland. The division is responsible for the provision of treasury solutions to both the Bank of Ireland Group and to the Group's customers. The M&T Finance Team is responsible for the overall finance, accounting & reporting performance and practices across the division. This involves working collaboratively with the business to ensure the planning and oversight of effective daily and monthly reporting.
Purpose of the Role
Markets & Treasury is the treasury arm of the Bank of Ireland Group with responsibility for all market risk in Foreign Exchange, Money Markets, Bonds and Derivatives and is responsible for the execution of the wholesale funding of Bank of Ireland's balance sheet.
An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Control manager to join the team. The person will manage a team which is responsible for the reporting and controlling of M&T's various treasury products, including derivatives, liquid assets, debt securities in issue, as well as other products. There successful candidate will also be involved in the implementation of process improvement initiatives across the team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong accountant, looking to develop their understanding of treasury products, as well as develop their core competencies of problem-solving, managing change, stakeholder management and people management.
- Monitor and manage the monthly controlling close process for Global Markets, ensuring that underlying processing, review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice.
- Responsible for the delivery of MI as produced by the team (e.g monthly derivative and net interest income AR and commentaries etc.), ensuring deliverables are complete and accurate.
- Liaise with the valuations and hedge accounting teams to ensure the impact of derivative valuations are correctly measured and classified in the primary statements, notes to the accounts, and FINREP.
- Be a subject matter expert on the team for planned process improvements, co-ordinating these initiatives
- Lead a team of between two and five accountants, and promote best practice regarding development plans, coaching and training
- Provide support to other financial control teams, when required, on the accounting and reporting of derivatives
What is the opportunity
The role will expose the successful candidate to detailed balance sheet and income statement analysis of a leading Irish treasury function. The successful candidate will gain knowledge of products such as bonds, derivatives, FX products and corporate deposits, as well as gaining an opportunity to enhance and develop their people management and leadership skills.
Qualified accountant with strong academic ability
Essential Skills & Experience
- An understanding of treasury functions and the products they trade.
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines.
- The ability to challenge the status quo and implement change
- Can do attitude, with the confidence to own and run with initiatives and bring own ideas/ perspectives
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A keen interest in treasury functions
- Prior experience of working in a treasury function
- Ability to acquire and apply new technical information.
- A knowledge of Visual Basic / macros
- People management experience
- One Group, one team - People Manager
- Agile - People Manager
- Accountable - People Manager
- Amplify Capability -People Manager
- Manage Risk - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 25, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.