Financial Controller, IT@BOI
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Group Finance has an excellent Financial Controller (manager level) role available for its IT @ BoI business within the Group Technology Customer Solutions (GTCS) Division. IT @ BoI primarily comprises two main streams known as 'Run' and 'Change'. Change is responsible for implementation and delivery of IT projects across the Group, while Run is responsible for the on-going management, maintenance and support of existing Group systems and infrastructure.
The Financial Control team work closely with the Commercial partner team, other Group stakeholders and third parties to ensure that there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing our people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities. The outputs of the team are included in both externally published information and in financial information for internal stakeholders.
Purpose of the Role
This role will take the lead on controlling, analysing and reporting on the financial position and performance of the IT @ BoI businesses. The role will involve managing a small team of accountants, stakeholder management and ensuring a robust control framework is in place
- Delivery of high quality financial and management reporting for the IT @ BoI businesses, including related statutory and FinRep deliverables, and ensuring operation of controls in accordance with best practice
- Develop strong relationships with both Group Finance and GTCS stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration on all key deliverables
- Lead a small team of Finance professionals, ensuring appropriate learning and development. Proactively foster talent and build team competencies
- Support the production and timely delivery of certain statutory accounts
- Champion process improvements, focussing on the simplification of legacy processes
- Support Group Finance strategic objectives
- Manage the risks in the local processes, ensuring risks are identified, understood, and actions are taken to mitigate
What is the opportunity
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious accountant, who is looking to develop their financial control competencies, build on their stakeholder management skills, together with learning about the GTCS Division
Qualified accountant with 3 years PQE or extensive experience gained within a relevant business environment
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills with a proven track record in building relationships to achieve objectives
- The ability to work both as part of a team and on an individual basis, ensuring consistent delivery of results
- Ability to work on own initiative and to manage competing priorities to tight reporting deadlines
- Ability to resolve issues, challenge and make decisions independently within own area of responsibility, or in conjunction with others, in a positive and constructive way
- Strong business acumen and awareness of the key value drivers and challenges facing GTCS Division
- Experience in a financial control, or other control-based function
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Empowers their team to contribute their best and maximise their potential
- Creates a culture of accountability, agility and collaboration
- Knowledge of SAP and / or BCS
Accountable - People Manager
One Group, one team - People Manager
Champion Transformation - People Manager
Agile - People Manager
Manage Risk - People Manager
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 24, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.