Accounts Payable Assistant
An exciting opportunity to join as a Accounts Payable Assistant in a well renowned building and construction company in Bedford with a Nationwide presence. Going in to a busy role that requires someone with an eye for detail and ability to work well in teams to ensure all process are followed accurately.
A large building and construction reach with a network spanning across the country is looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join a growing team. With their offices being located in Bedford, making it easily commutable to anyone in the Bedford, Milton Keynes, Luton, Cambridge and other surrounding areas.
The key responsibilities for the role of Accounts Payable Assistant will:
- Matching and coding invoices on Purchase Order Systems or through the use of Oracle (preferred)
- Maintain and update central journal
- Pursuing non-authorised invoices to maintain up to date records
- Maintaining supplier statement reconciliations on a timely basis
- Processing Petty Cash for site
- Scanning & emailing PO invoices to relevant site
- Process credit notes within the system
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required
The successful candidate for the role of Accounts Payable Assistant:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of using similar systems, Oracle preferred
- Able to input high volumes of invoices
- Experience of coding invoices
- Experience of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good interpersonal and communication skills as part of a tight knit team
- A positive and analytical personality
- Excellent attention to detail
Joining the building and construction industry in an interesting role that requires a high attention to detail. Very competitve salary for the role.