SUPERVISING TAX SENIOR
As a Supervising Tax Senior at Stockman Kast Ryan + Co, you will have an opportunity to develop client relationships and serve as a trusted advisor. You should be able to perform all duties of a Senior Tax Consultant and Tax Consultant. Exceeding expectations as a Senior Tax Consultant on two consecutive annual performance evaluations.
Within this role you will review work papers and tax returns prepared by other tax department professionals, including the Firm’s most difficult returns. You will supervise and train Tax Consultants and Senior Tax Consultants while setting a positive and encouraging example in the process. You will have also passed all 4 sections of the CPA exam.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related program
- 4+ years of experience in accounting or tax return preparation
- Has passed all parts of the CPA exam
- Microsoft Office Suite • Checkpoint, BNA, or other tax research platform
Technologies (competence preferred):
- Adobe Pro
- CCH ProSystem fx Document
- eForms RS
- SurePrep and Tax Caddy
- Colorado OEDIT System
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaches and trains Tax Consultants and Senior Tax Consultants while setting a positive and encouraging example in the process.
- Reviews work papers and tax returns prepared by other tax department professionals.
- Continually communicates the progress of the tax return or research project with the engagement Manager or Partner.
- Identifies potential tax issues, performs research and presents proposed solutions to Managers and Partners.
- Prepares detailed draft bills.
- Increasingly participates in client meetings to assist with answering of questions and review of research or returns.
- Draft emails for Tax Manager to send to client.
- Demonstrates increased responsibility for continued professional education and improving technical skills.
- Continues to develop a network of contacts through community involvement.
Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general content of the requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Why Choose SKR + CO?
- Challenging work with a talented team of professionals, in a fun, collaborative environment
- Professional growth and development with an opportunity to lead and mentor or coach others
- High level of responsibility, challenge and professional reward
- Work-life quality with competitive pay and benefits package
- If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been searching for, we would love the opportunity to connect. Please send your resume toLive in the Pikes Peak region; we have a 14er in our back yard!
- Scenic hiking and biking trails, the Manitou Incline, Pikes Peak Rodeo, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Seven Falls and Cave of the Winds are all combined in a small-town atmosphere.
- Relocation package may be available
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been searching for, we would love the opportunity to connect. Please visit our website via the apply button below.
Learn more about SKR+CO at skrco.com