SUPERVISING AUDIT SENIOR
Do you value working in a true team environment, mentoring from senior partners, having a professional growth plan, learning practice development tips at an award-winning firm committed to stellar client service and work-life quality? If so, the opportunity you have been waiting, and preparing, for is with Stockman Kast Ryan + Company (SKR+CO). Nestled at the foot of Pikes Peak, SKR+CO is headquartered in beautiful downtown Colorado Springs, officially known as Olympic City USA. In 2018, Colorado Springs ranked “second best places to live” by US News and World Report. The region is known for its affordability, job prospects and quality of life, as well as its fitness-minded culture. It’s also a great place to raise a family, enjoy the local craft beer scene or dine at the growing number of foodie restaurants, experience the outdoors or learn about the area’s rich history, bask in the mild weather or enjoy the arts.
Who we are:
At SKR+CO, we are a combination of smarts and heart. We place people first, getting to know the people behind the numbers. Founded in 1995, SKR+CO is the largest locally owned certified public accounting firm in southern Colorado and ranked as a 2018 regional leader by Accounting Today. We are a full-service firm offering a wide variety of audit, tax, business advising and accounting services to individuals and businesses throughout Colorado. We’ve been named the Best Accounting Firm by the Colorado Springs Business Journal for over nine years. Our team has a wide range of industry experience including small businesses, nonprofit organizations, health care, construction, real estate and financial institutions.
As a Supervising Audit Senior at Stockman Kast Ryan + Co, you will have an opportunity to develop client relationships and serve as a trusted advisor. You will plan and perform fieldwork for our audit department engagements including managing all facets of on-site fieldwork. You will be responsible for identifying accounting and auditing issues and performing research to present proposed solutions to the engagement Manager or Partner. You will plan, manage and perform fieldwork for audit engagements including supervision of Audit Consultants and Audit Seniors. You will attend report presentations and other client meetings to assist with answering of questions and presentation of the report. You will make report presentations when deemed 102 N. Cascade Avenue, Suite 400 | Colorado Springs, CO 80903 | T: 719.630.1186 | skrco.com appropriate by Engagement Partner and review working papers of Audit Consultants and Audit Seniors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3-4 years audit experience and Colorado CPA license or eligibility to attain a Colorado CPA license within the next 12 months.
- Experience applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS).
- Experience in evaluating design and implementation of internal controls.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate complex audit issues.
Why Choose SKR + CO?
- Challenging work with a talented team of professionals, in a fun, collaborative environment
- Professional growth and development with an opportunity to lead and mentor or coach others
- High level of responsibility, challenge and professional reward
- Work-life quality with competitive pay and benefits package
- If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been searching for, we would love the opportunity to connect. Please send your resume toLive in the Pikes Peak region; we have a 14er in our back yard!
- Scenic hiking and biking trails, the Manitou Incline, Pikes Peak Rodeo, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Seven Falls and Cave of the Winds are all combined in a small-town atmosphere.
- Relocation package may be available
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been searching for, we would love the opportunity to connect. Please visit our website via the apply button below.
Learn more about SKR+CO at skrco.com