Position Title: Payroll Manager
Company Name: Mobile Technologies Inc
Sector: Human Resources
Job Type: Full–Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: H.S. Diploma/Equivalent
Required Travel: 0–10%
MTI's greatest strength is its people. We look for forward–thinking individuals who are passionate about product innovation and motivated to exceed the customer's expectations. Our company culture is built on three core traits:
- Teamwork: We value open, honest and constructive communication, easy collaboration, and a belief that together we can achieve anything.
- Personal Responsibility: We work as a team, but we are individually accountable for our results.
- Enthusiasm: We are eager to succeed, and we believe that fun, fulfillment, and achievement go hand in hand.
About Us: For over 40 years, MTI has developed merchandising technologies that enable retailers and OEMs to securely display, power and showcase the full spectrum of consumer electronics, from tablets and smartphones to cameras and laptops. Some of the world's most recognized brands and six of the seven largest retailers in the United States utilize MTI products. Our retail–hardened technologies are engineered to last in the most demanding environments, delivering the industry's lowest total cost of ownership and the highest level of mechanical and electronic security.
About the Job: Mobile Tech Inc. (MTI) is seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to join our Human Resources team in Hillsboro. The successful candidate will manage our global payroll operations; handle all payroll processing duties and support both human resources and accounting teams when necessary.
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Process payroll and pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties assigned as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in multi–state payroll operations
- Knowledge of international payroll and tax processes with multiple withholding, benefits (health and welfare and retirement), and labor compliance
- Experience with international payroll design, setup and processing
- Experience with 401(k) and Global Pensions
- Demonstrated process improvement experience
- Knowledge of payroll related technology solutions
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple tasks through prioritization of work load with strong attention to detail, accuracy and high efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with ADP payroll platform, a plus
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Occasional local travel to our three locations in the Lake Oswego and Hillsboro area
We offer a generous benefits package, a challenging career path, and a casual work environment. If you are interested in applying for a position, please send us a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, by clicking the Apply Now button.
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer