Senior Fund Accountant
Senior Fund Accountant – Hedge Funds
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service. Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. Our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community. A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the role:
In the role of Senior Fund Accountant in Citco you are a valued senior member of a client centric team that has its primary responsibilities focused on the delivery of accurate and timely client driven deliverables for a variety of hedge funds encompassing a wide spectrum of financial products. As a senior subject matter expert within the team you will thrive in a collaborative environment where your solutions orientation will be strengthened and evolved in line with a structured learning and development plan.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist the account manager in the day to day administration of a portfolio of Global Business Companies
- Performing the administration of and any services pursuant to administration agreements in respect of a portfolio of hedge funds
- Calculating and reporting of funds’ NAV’s, liaising with clients in relation to trade issues and/or corporate action issues
- Daily reconciliation of all cash & positions - both listed, unlisted and OTC to Custodian's/Prime Brokers and Counterparty's
- Accurate verification of fee accruals in the accounting system in accordance with the PPM/agreed Fee Budget; preparation and monitoring expense budget analysis
- Calculation of performance/incentive fees in the NAV and their respective payment
- Analysing changes in funds’ values in relation to broader market fluctuations
- To achieve a go-to senior technical and subject matter expert within the team who handles complex specific fund requirements that can be channelled into a team learning and development loop
- Assist in the execution of new business on-boarding tasks in conjunction with Account Manager
- Liaising with Clients and or Auditors in respect of fund specific queries
- Performing procedures to ensure funds are in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Computing income distributions and reportable yields
- Assisting with the preparation of financial statements and audits as requested
- Provide assistance to team members in execution of daily operational activities
- Train, coach and mentor employees on the team to build team capabilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of departmental procedures
- Strictly adhere to established departmental fund accounting processing procedures, controls and best practice documentation
- Meet client, investor and regulatory reporting deliverables and deadlines
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2 years+ experience within Fund Accounting or Audit of Investment Funds
- Degree qualified in finance/accounting/business
- Qualified or part qualified ACCA/ACA/CFA desirable
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Able to work in a team and ability to work under pressure
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
- A highly competitive salary package will be awarded the successful candidate.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.