Commercial Partner, Group Technology and Customer Solutions
12 Month Contract
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
The Commercial Partnering Unit has been established to drive the strategic direction of the ROI businesses from a financial perspective and will be the key provider of financial and strategic support to businesses in the Republic of Ireland, to help set and achieve their business and strategic objectives
Purpose of the Role
The role is a commercial partner role that supports all businesses in Group Technology and Customer Solutions. Working closely with senior commercial partners to drive business outcomes in line with the strategy of the Group.
- Responsibility, along with senior commercial partners, for the financial oversight of the Manufacturing business. Ensuring the provision of timely financial information to enable the business to make the right decisions
- Ensure the annual budget, forecast and recharge process for the business is delivered in the most efficient way possible ensuring monitoring and tracking of same is delivered
- Establish strong collaborative relationships across Commercial Partnering Ireland, Group Finance and Group Functions.
- Focus on innovative solutions to enable the commercial partner team to best facilitate business outcomes
- Embed an environment that embraces innovation and change, delivering cost efficiencies and maximising benefit of available Group Resources
- Work collaboratively with Decision Support and the Group Technology and Customer Solutions team to deliver the annual budget, ICAAP and quarterly forecasts
- Guide the business on all pricing and investment decisions
- Establish strong collaborative relationships with senior management across the Retail Ireland business, Treasury and Group Finance
- Support the business to drive efficiencies and cost reduction objectives
What is the opportunity
This role will be responsible for partnering with all businesses within Group Technology and Customer Solutions and in particular supporting senior commercial partners, in managing the cost base in line with the Group's strategic objectives, through detailed strategic analysis and forward looking deliverables across their individual functions. The role requires a strong individual with ability to deliver innovative solutions - strong results focus.
- Qualified accountant with 3 years PQE or extensive experience gained within a relevant business environment.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong team player and the ability to work in a fluid environment supporting various business and ability to deliver solutions that work across these businesses
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Ability to work in challenging environments and deliver results
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience of driving for change, with the initiative and courage to challenge the status quo
- Drives engagement, group values and the group vision to achieve goals
- Empowers their team to contribute their best and maximise their potential
- Creates a culture of accountability, agility and collaboration
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills
- High energy, bias for results, strong resilience and focus on execution excellence
- One Group, one team - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- Amplify Capability - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 20, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.