A permanent full time role in Sheffield for a practice trained accountant.
A development position within an innovative technology company.
My client is an innovative high-growth technology company based in Sheffield looking to recruit for their finance team due to an exciting phase of growth.
They are offering a newly qualified accountant the opportunity to work alongside the senior finance team to develop and maintain financial controls and processes on site and gain exposure to various areas of finance.
- Working with the CFO to develop and maintain clear, efficient systems and processes. Input to the design of the company's financial processes and controls, and how they are delivered (ie outsourced/insourced etc).
- Cash forecasting, and monitoring cash management performance on a regular basis.
- Preparation and distribution of monthly management accounts suitable for steering the business, and identifying and tracking key risks. Regular discussion of the financial position with the CFO and other senior managers if required.
- Reviews of the cost base, and creating a cost conscious culture throughout the organisation. Identifying and delivering initiatives to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Facilitation of the annual budgeting process in conjunction with the CFO. Ensuring that budget holders are fully aware of, accountable and responsible for their budgets.
- Preparation, or oversight of preparation of annual statutory accounts, ensuring that suitable accounting policies are consistently applied, and liaison with external auditors.
- Preparation, or oversight of preparation of all tax returns, including Corporation tax, VAT, and others. Liaison with tax advisors where necessary.
The successful finance manager will be:
- Qualified or newly qualified.
- Have a willingness to learn and develop.
- Be highly analytical and strategic in approach
- Numerate with a strong current technical knowledge (accounting/ taxation)
The finance manager position is offering:
- A competitive annual salary.
- Fantastic opportunities to progress and develop within an exciting environment.
- 1 on 1 mentoring from an established senior finance professional.