Global Internal Auditor (French speaker) @ International NGO (extensive world travel)
This exciting and rewarding role working within an established International NGO supports the Internal Audit Manager with the development and delivery of the annual audit plan. The post holder will be expected to plan and undertake fieldwork audits mainly in Africa and Latin America, but also occasionally in other locations as directed by Internal Audit Manager. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that reports are clear and concise and are produced in a timely manner.
- Support the Global Internal Audit Manager in developing and delivering an annual programme of work to provide assurance over the risk, internal control and governance processes of global operations.
- Plan, organise and deliver assigned internal audits, scheduling work and estimating the resource needed.
- Make recommendations on the systems, internal controls and procedures being reviewed.
- Review and report on the accuracy, timeliness, quality and relevance of the financial and other information provided for management.
- Strong internal audit experience; able to demonstrate an understanding of the approaches and objectives of a good internal audit function, particularly risk-based operational audits. Essential.
- Good reporting writing skills; able to demonstate competent and effective reporting writing skills in English. Essential.
- Experience of working in a global organisation. Essential.
- Experience of working in an international social enterprise/commercial organisation. Highly desirable.
- Willing to undertake overseas travel, for up to 50% of the time. Essential
Qualifications and Training (essential/desirable)
- Holds a recognised professional accountancy/audit qualification (e.g. a CA, ACA, ACCA, CIA etc). Essential.
- Educated to degree level. Essential.
- Language skills – English and French. Essential.
- In-depth understanding of risk and approaches to managing risk in complex environments. Essential.
- Results oriented and innovative
- Able to work as part of a team
- Strong teamworking skills
- Assertive, diplomatic, resilience and possessing excellent judgement
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.