Administrative Associate (Open to Malaysian nationals only)
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Administrative Analyst, the Administrative Associate assists in the management of administrative services and facilities, and executes processes and transactions ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the staff of the GSSU, the Operations staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies;
- Efficient administrative support and facilities management;
- Support to supply and assets management;
- Support to effective administrative and financial control in the office;
- Coordination of Registry and Receptionist functions;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure full compliance of administrative processes with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to the GSSU administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans.
Ensures efficient administrative and facilities management support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization and coordination of the maintenance of the premises, office space management and the provision of common services;
- Organization and coordination of shipments and customs clearance;
- Coordination of travel arrangements;
- Organization of procurement processes including the preparation of statements of work an/or requirements for RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents;
- Support with coordination with local authority on space and other administrative matters;
- Supervision of cleaning services;
- Coordination of transportation services;
- Prompt reporting and investigation of cases of damage, loss or theft of items;
- Recording and maintaining information on support requests received from the client offices within the CRM system, and preparing reports for GSSC staff and managers on these service requests;
- Translation of simple correspondences, when needed;
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
Provides support to proper supply and assets management, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Coordination of assets management in the GSSC, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports;
- Coordination of the provision of reliable and quality office supplies.
Provides support for administrative and financial control in the office, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of finance control records such as commitments and expenditures;
- Confirmation of availability of funds prior to review by supervisor; creation of vendor set-up information in Atlas;
- Maintenance of data integrity in the database, control programme; analysis of results and initiation of corrective actions when necessary;
- Coordination of common premises/services cost-recovery arrangements;
- Proper control of supporting documents of funds and activities;
- Provision of the information for the audit.
Coordinates implementation of Registry and Receptionist functions, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Provision of efficient general reception and information services;
- Provision of reliable registry services and protocol issues.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the GSSC, focusing on achievement of the following r results:
- Training of staff on the administrative procedures;
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Any other related work as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data and resolve operational problems
- Ability to supervise and train support staff
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of Atlas
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education, Certification in Administration or Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Administration.
- Minimum 6 years with Secondary Education or 3 years with Bachelor’s Degree, of relevant experience in Administration or programme support service;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Knowledge of ERP Financials (preferably Peoplesoft), and Client Relationship Management (CRM) applications a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
Important applicant information
Internal mobility at GSSU is strongly encouraged and we reserve the right to reassign the newly appointed staff members with similar skillset and educational qualifications for similar functions and job categories at the same level in GSSU. The internal lateral movements will be determined based on the needs of the organization while allowing the newly recruits to broaden their skills, build networks and gain fresh experience and to better align their profiles with the jobs.
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.