This role sits within a larger finance function, responsible for the daily administration of accounting records, and ensuring accurate reporting of data. This role offers a focus on both transactional level tasks, whilst also looking in increasing complexity at Management Accounts.
This client is an international organisation based in Oxford. Extremely well established locally, and over 1,000 employees across the globe, this is a company that promotes growth and belief, and truly values each one of its workers.
The Key responsibilities for this role can be split into the following categories;
- To process/check purchase ledger invoices and expense claims
- Handling of all purchase ledger enquires from suppliers and employees
- Reconcile purchase ledger statements on monthly basis
- Process payments to suppliers
- Process all sales ledger invoices and recharges
- Ensure timely collection of accounts receivable
- Reconcile and agree inter-company balances at month end
- Post journal entries (including accruals), prepayments and Barclaycard transactions
- Post fixed assets entries and reconcile fixed asset register to general ledger
- Review postings to General Ledger with Finance manager at month end, processing changes as required
- Prepare analysis of monthly cost centre expenditure and comparison to budget for review with Finance manager
- Record all entries in cash books and prepare bank reconciliations
- Revaluation of foreign currency bank accounts
- Process all supplier payments, via BACs, HSBC net and cheque payments
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and forecasting
- Provide support and absence cover as required to other members of the Group Finance team.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required in order to maintain and improve the efficiency, quality and service to fulfil business objectives.
The successful candidate will be;
- AAT qualified (Or Final Stages)
- Two years accounts assistant (or similar role) experience
- Excellent Excel knowledge and skills
- Fluent in spoken English and adept and written skills in English
This role can offer the opportunity to develop your skill set within a friendly finance team for an international organisation. There is room for internal movement within the company, so progression opportunities with this company are good. This client can offer study support for the right candidate, as well as a generous employee benefits package.