Broad finance role for rapidly expanding leisure business near Cheltenham
My client are a fast-growing, multi-site leisure and hospitality organisation based in the Cheltenham area. They boast a highly capable finance function, including a new incoming Finance Manager and an impressive Head of Finance.
- Checking the accuracy of fortnightly / monthly stock sheets from Site Managers
- Completion of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Processing of daily cash-up sheets, banking and investigation of material cash differences, voids etc.
- Production of daily / monthly sales reports
- To produce accurate daily business reports comparing actual to budget and forecast for circulation to all managers and senior team.
- Posting of sales ledger report figures to the accounting system.
- Posting of all bank receipts to the accounting system.
- Accounting for events, including maintenance of customer accounts and credit control.
- Accounting for all deposits received.
- Comparison of cash and credit card receipts to bank receipts, including analysis and investigation of all differences.
- Provision of cover for the Accounts team members during periods of holiday or sickness.
- Issue and account for inter-company cross-charge invoices monthly
- Reconciliation of Inter-company accounts at month-end
- Calculate and post month-end and year-end journals
- Assist in any change and transformation programs
- Assist with preparation of budget & forecast schedules as required
- Assist with the interim and year-end audits by producing an audit file & supporting schedules
- Assist with analysis and ad-hoc reporting as required
- Assist with quarterly VAT return submissions
- Assist in implementing internal control procedures
- Provide financial training for Operational Team when necessary
Hospitality experience is highly preferred to ensure understanding of industry-specific terminology and nuances.
Knowledge of Sage 50 would be an advantage, along with strong excel skills.
The position would be suited to somebody who can work to strict accounting deadlines, organised, a self starter; motivated and a fast learner with a full driving licence.
This role can pay a highly competitive basic salary dependant on skills and experience.