Senior Finance Accountant - (P/T, job-share or F/T)
Senior Finance Accountant – (P/T, job–share or F/T)
We are recruiting a Regulatory Reporting Accountant to join our team in Fareham. Reporting to the P&C Regulatory reporting manager, this role is within our Financial Reporting team, who are responsible for the Quarterly and Annual regulatory reporting of the ZIP UK branch to the Irish regulators.
Following Brexit, this team will be required to report financial data directly to the UK Regulator and therefore we are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual who is able to work both independently and as part of a team in order to Implement an additional UK regulatory reporting processes whilst helping to deliver our existing EEA Branch regulatory reporting requirements.
As a member of the team you will play a vital part in helping the department to achieve its objectives and ensure the team delivers to the regulator within required deadlines.
This role is available part–time, job–share or full time. This is because we want the best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those people aren't available full–time.
- Initially the role is focussed on the implementation of regulatory reporting process for the PRA and moving this into business as usual.
- Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Implementation project team, ZIP HO, Group and RFC teams to embed a new regulatory reporting processes.
- Supporting the testing of new regulatory reporting system solutions.
- Development of a Market Consistent Balance Sheet process for the UK Branch.
- Development of a Quantitative Reporting Template (QRT) reporting process on a Quarterly and Annual Basis.
- Supporting the development of a Regulatory supervisory report (RSR).
- Development of an enhanced close process for regulatory reporting to CBI and PRA.
- Supporting the embedding of an enhanced governance framework.
- Ensure new processes adhere to the control framework.
- Supporting end state project and developments in relation to regulatory reporting.
- Once implemented your responsibilities will include –
- The delivery of the Regulatory close process including co–ordination of key outputs performed on and offshore for the UK and ZIP HO reporting.
- Work closely with and provide challenge to other teams & functions.
- Production of the Market Consistent Balance Sheet and co–ordination of the QRT reporting on a Quarterly and Annual Basis.
- Co–ordination of the Regulatory supervisory report (RSR).
- Work closely with the ZIP, Group and RFC teams to provide support and embed new regulatory reporting processes.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Query resolution, quality control and governance over outputs
- Ensure tasks performed adhere to the control framework
- Continue to support new projects and developments in relation to regulatory reporting.
Your skills and experience:
- Qualified accountant
- Good understanding of financial reporting (Insurance accounting an advantage)
- Knowledge of financial systems & business platforms (SAP an advantage)
- Good team player
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to provide accurate information within tight timescales
- Ability to work at different levels from detailed reconciliations to senior–level engagement
- Excellent level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to deliver a high quality service
- Proactive approach
- Strong personal development ethos
We offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- Industry leading Defined Contribution Pension scheme where employer contributions are 12 % of base salary
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Contribution to medical cover
- Annual company bonus
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointment
- Home workers allowance
- Plus many more!
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions – then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business is built on the contributions of our highly talented employees – people who work every day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You'll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long–standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich, we aim to have a diverse mix of employees that reflects our customers and the communities in which we live and work. Zurich is a workplace that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, disability, marital status, gender identity, pregnancy/maternity status and sexual orientation. Our approach ensures that Zurich is a place that values different opinions, respects personal needs, and provides equal opportunities for all. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate about supporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering, charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.