The opportunity to join as an Assistant Accountant in a role offering great flexibility and gain exposure in a varied role. This role will involve training however does need someone with a good grounding with the ability to assist across varying sectors of the company.
My client is a reputable company that is well established within the regional Consultancy market. They are a growing business with a clear defined business plan and are looking for motivated people to be a part of this. Based within outside Bedford, they is an easy commute for anyone located in Bedford, Milton Keynes, Luton or the surrounding area with free parking on-site.
Assistant Accountant duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Processing journals
- Managing company ledgers
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Support the Management Accounts team in year-end and month end procedures
- Processing expenses
- Assisting with VAT returns
Desired experience and skill set for this Assistant Accountant role:
- Capable of working using own initiative to anticipate and resolve invoicing issues
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Locally based to Bedford with your own transport
- Strong Excel skills to include Pivot Tables and VLookups
- Flexible team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment to strict deadlines
- Desire to improve processes and commit to the role for the next 2-3 years
The opportunity to join a prominent organisation within the Consultancy industry that is financially strong and looking to invest in talent to develop. Alongside the competitive salary for the role there are a number of benefits that are on offer for members of the Finance Team.