Group Tax Manager
An exceptional opportunity has arisen within our client SACO for a newly created Group Tax Manager. Due to their continued European expansion, this role has been created to take ownership and accountability for the Group's Tax Planning and Strategies to optimise the Tax efficiencies of the business.
SACO is an ambitious and dynamic business, which operates under Locke and SACO brands. They are specialists in the corporate and leisure markets for accommodation across Europe. Set to experience significant four-fold growth in revenue in the next 4 years and further expansion into a number of new countries, it is an exciting time for a company that has doubled revenues in the past 3 years.
SACO prides themselves on customer service and satisfaction along with a brilliant company culture. They are a fast paced and energised company and are searching for a person who brings a balance of great technical and interpersonal skills while having the drive to realise the potential of both themselves and the company.
The Group Tax Manager is a newly created position, reporting into the Chief Financial Officer, and with a remit to establish and advise on the Group's new tax strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Devise and implement Europe wide direct tax planning strategies
- Put in place the correct group processes, standards and controls to make the company future "exit" ready
- Identify and mitigate future tax risks.
- Tax lead on acquisitions and re-financings as the Group continues its European expansion programme.
- Ownership of Group Transfer Pricing Policy.
- Manage tax provision (prepare IFRS provisions for quarterly and annual reporting process), including ad-hoc requests for tax information and status updates.
- Coach and develop accounting teams to improve their direct and indirect tax knowledge and to deliver standard and compliant ways of working.
The successful candidate will be/have:
- CTA or ACA qualified ideally with knowledge of European Tax
- The ability to build and manage high performing teams (internal and external)
- Proven work experience as a reporting and tax manager (either in-house and/or accounting firm)
- Exceptional service along with the ability to develop rich relationships working closely with senior management & advisors (e.g. Tax Strategy requirements and relevant new tax legislation)
- Excellent communication skills, presentation experience to Board members and project management lead experiences.
- Proven track record of identifying opportunities to enhance and develop processes & strategies using your passion and curiosity for improvement.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be available for the successful candidate.