Lusona, Scotland's recruitment specialists, bring to the market the perfect Trainee Accountant opportunity for a university graduate who is currently training or is looking to become a Trainee Accountant.
Lusona's retained client, is a privately controlled group of autonomous companies, with turnover of around GBP160m – and growing. The client is engaged in the supply and servicing of equipment, as well as the provision of comprehensive support services.
Due to growth in the business, the client is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious graduate, who has begun or is seeking to begin ACCA training.
The candidate will be responsible for producing monthly management accounts, quick results and various group reporting requirements (including cash flow forecasts) which are accurate and produced in line with group and business requirements – for review by the Finance Manager:
- Responsible for the production of year end statutory draft accounts for review and finalisation by the Finance Manager.
- Assist Parent company with the internal audit of the companies and in conjunction with the Finance Manager, ensure that any finance issues, including those arising from the audit process are both handled and concluded in the timescales required.
- Assist the Finance Manager with overseeing the credit control function of the companies.
- Assist the Finance Manager with overseeing the Purchase ledger function of the companies and payment of suppliers.
- Posting all Payroll related weekly (if applicable) and monthly cost journals.
- Help managers and staff to improve decision making.
- Manage the companies fixed asset register, including addition and disposals.
- To act as a source of expertise, providing advice, guidance and support to internal and external customers.
- Lead and manage ad–hoc project work as appropriate.
- Run payment runs as required, prior to approval from senior management.
- Provide support/training to the Accounts & Admin Assistant as and when required.
- Any other duties as required from time to time relating to the overall role.
- Team work
- Self –motivated
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Upbeat personality
Salary and Benefits
- Salary up to GBP22k
- Full ACCA study support, with salary growing incrementally with exam passes.
Please contact the client's retained consultant, Ben, for more details.