Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance– A Fortune 100 Company!
When you enter finance and accounting position at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you will find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic
and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees' careers.
The Reinsurance Operations Team provides accurate and insightful financial, analytical and claims information. We support the internal and external core reinsurance programs by providing a foundation to establish and enhance strategic product offerings through traditional and alternative reinsurance solutions for our global customers. Additionally, the Reinsurance Team safeguards company assets through proactive identification and management of reinsurance recoverables, the second largest Liberty Mutual asset.
As a Senior Accountant, you will conduct complex assignments involving maintaining ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports
- Prepare complex financial reports utilizing a broad knowledge of accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare and/or input general ledger entries by utilizing set procedures and various accounting systems.
- Research complex accounting treatment and policies by utilizing available technology and other resources.
- Research and resolve complex reconciling issues and discrepancies; take corrective measures to prevent.
- Provide customer service to internal and external groups.
- Prepare analysis and be prepared to provide explanations for unusual and/or inconsistent trends.
- Suggest process improvement initiatives and provide solutions to enhance current processes.
- Oversees functions of the monthly, quarterly and annual book close cycles, monitoring timely completion and escalating issues for resolution. Accurately and efficiently performs accounting activities of increasing complexity.
- Creates increasingly complex financial statement schedules, audit support schedules and other reports in a timely manner. May perform detailed review of other team members schedules.
- Researches and applies accounting policy to business issues that arise.
- Establishes, documents and performs internal control procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Understands how data flows through the financial systems to the accounting function in order to identify issues and take action to address them.
- Continually assesses the business value and efficiency of the work performed, making suggestions for improvements and collaborating with others in implementing them. Leads or actively participates in increasingly complex department projects and continuous improvement activities.
- Fosters the development of teammates by sharing expertise and experience through training or reviewing their work. May provide feedback on performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of 3 years of accounting or finance experience is required.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast–paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to achieve results.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well–being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit:
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.