The opportunity to join the retail sector as a Finance Assistant supporting the finance manager with critical functions.
An ambitious local local Retail business that has a small tight knit team and is looking to expand with the addition of a Finance Assistant. Located in Bedford, they are an easy commute to anyone located either in Bedford, Milton Keynes or other nearby areas.
The key responsibilities of the Finance Assistant are:
- Entering and filing of Supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Maintaining Invoice Master log which details the cycle from receipt of invoice through approval process and finally to payment of invoice
- Managing the Invoice approval process internally
- Reconciling supplier statements to the accounting system
- Assisting with sending key suppliers remittances as required
- Entering and filing of Sales invoices
- Maintain and reconcile sales ledger accounts
- Send out customer statements to key customers as required
- Support the team in all day to day financial accounting processes
- Support the month-end processes, including all reconciliations
- Prepare and review the financial journals: prepayments, accruals, depreciation, reconciliations, etc
- Assisting with producing the quarterly budget and forecasts
The successful candidate for the role of Part Time Finance Assistant will have:
- Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA/AAT
- Previous experience of transactional finance
- Previous Experience of Month End would be desirable
- Good system knowledge
- Have used Excel to a Pivot Tables and V-lookups standard
- Good communication skills are essential
The opportunity to gain exposure in a massively varied role that will provide valuable experience to any career.