Commercial Finance Analyst
Working as a key support to the local commercial team, the Commercial Analyst will ensure that robust data analysis and evaluation of customer insight is at the heart of decision making processes. As an integral part of the central team, you will be responsible for the commercial analysis and will embed an insight-led approach to make and support better decision making across the business.
A UK leading, privately owned business, based in Leeds. Having recently undergone a large transformation project, the business is now looking to create a commercial finance centre of excellence who can provide accurate and insightful management information and be able to challenge the wider business on strategic decision making.
The Commercial Analyst will be responsible for:
- Using data & insight to proactively monitor business performance - highlighting emerging trends and issues
- Work with local non-finance teams to identify opportunities for revenue growth
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency's and effectiveness across the business
- Support the preparation of revenue budgets and forecasts
- Analyse information and make recommendations across the business
- Provide regular performance reports with relevant commentary and insight
- Understand external factors impact on performance and be able to make recommendations
- Provide analytical support for new initiatives
- Act as a champion for data analysis
- Work with colleagues across the business to share and establish best practise
The Commercial Analyst will have:
- An inquisitive nature and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Ability to sue data and insight to build a case for change
- An ability to build strong business relationships with a number of key stakeholder across the business
- An ability to influence senior stakeholders - finance and non-finance
- Strong numerical capabilities
- Good analytical and communication skills combined with business acumen
- An ability to translate complex data into key succinct arguments
- Excellent IT skills - strong excel
- Commitment to Continuous Professional Development
Competitive salary on offer plus benefits.
There is also flexible working/opportunity to work from home.
Monthly travel is required - within UK.