The individual will play a key role in the development of the Central Finance function, and will assist in the management and financial control of our client's central finance function The Finance Manager shall undertake tasks including those listed below, to the highest standards. Please note that this role is based on client site in Dublin 2.
- Assist in the management and development the central finance team (currently 10 people), proactively taking ongoing steps to optimise business processes and build team capacity;
- Management and enhancement of weekly, monthly and annual controls and assist in development and enhancement of control procedures and matrices;
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of monthly management accounts;
- Monitor expenditure carefully against budget and drive a ‘value for money’ ethos within the central finance team
- Deliver high-quality financial reporting, financial analysis and key performance indicators;
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of the annual budgets, forecasts and multi-year financial projections;
- Effectively manage preparation of annual financial statements; and
- Maintain effective working relationships with service providers.
- Support the orderly introduction of system developments, ensuring that the financial management implications are well understood and addressed so implementations progress smoothly and efficiently, in a controlled manner;
- Support the development of internal Finance portals and business partnering reporting;
- Support implementation and improvement of business analysis and reporting.
- Maintain and continue to enhance the internal financial control framework with emphasis on effectiveness, efficiency, agility and scalability;
- Assist in identifying and managing risk;
- Assist in the management of audit assignments performed by Internal Audit, the Comptroller and Auditor General and other regulatory bodies, and
- Assist in the preparatory work done for periodic audit committee meetings.
- Strong analytical ability, with a logical approach to problem solving and sound judgement;
- Capacity to proactively and constructively contribute to team actions and decision making;
- Strong organisational and administrative skills (e.g. MS Office and MS Excel in particular);
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with stakeholders; and
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
Requirements for the Role
- A recognised accounting qualification, ideally with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience;
- Good experience on the preparation of annual financial statements;
- Prior experience working at a managerial level with finance responsibility;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative, as part of a team and as leader of a group; and
- Experience with the financial modules of Agresso is desirable.
Note 1: The functions and responsibilities assigned to this role are based on the current requirements stated above and may be changed from time to time.
Note 2: To ensure that activity spikes within the central finance function (e.g. financial month-end, annual budget, projects etc.) are addressed in a proactive manner, it is expected that the individual will need to be flexible in terms of working hours during these periods.
Note 3: This role is based on client site in Dublin 2.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.