Accounting internship in a private accounting practice in London
01 Accounting services Ltd www.01accountingservices.com
Full time. 6 Months
Excel skills to at least intermediate.
French speaker is a plus.
We are looking for an intern in London who can help us with mostly French clients trading internationally.
The Intern will work closely with the UK manager and the Team.
The internship description is below:
- Payroll management, including data entry into Sage Payroll, PAYE, pension, sending monthly payslips and reports to the clients and preparation of year end returns
- Bookkeeping: data entry, accounting journals, monthly/quarterly adjustments, reconciliations, assisting in the preparation of monthly/quarterly reports for the company and its clients;
- Bank account reconciliations; forwarding bank statements to clients on a monthly basis, preparing and sending reports on aged debtors/creditors;
- Preparing and paying invoices for the Company and its clients, following-up of payments for the Company and its clients, chasing overdue payments;
- Accounts assistance, including responding to client enquiries regarding the accounts of their subsidiaries, by phone, post, fax or email;
- Preparing Intrastat declarations, VAT returns and corporation tax declarations;
- Preparing the year-end financial statements;
- Liaising with HMRC as required;
- Attending client meetings and provide advice from an accounting perspective;
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals and pitches for clients and prospective clients;
- Attending networking and technical events in London and the rest of Europe;
- Working as part of a team