Our client has a full-time vacancy for an Assistant Accountant to work on a temporary basis for 4 months. The main purpose of the role is project accounting for parts of the business and some of its subsidiary companies. This will include the production of all invoices and claims, preparing for and dealing with contract audits, reviewing contract progress and highlighting variances and issues. The post holder will also assist with the financial budgeting and forecasting, consultancy and large project income and expenditure. You will need to have a strong customer focus.
- As a minimum, you will need to be AAT Qualified with at least five years’ experience in a large complex organisation or Higher Education institution.
- Use of large Finance systems
- Previous use of Project Costing & Billing systems
- Excellent Microsoft skills in Office range (Especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- An ability to read and understand the legal requirements of a contract are required to ensure that cost claims can be correctly calculated in accordance with the contract
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.