Manager / Senior Manager - M&A
Join this dynamic consultancy team providing companies, advisors and regulatory authorities with advice on the design, implementation and monitoring of competition remedies in merger, anti-trust and State aid cases.
My client is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. The Group operates in 73 countries and draws on the expertise of 15,000 professionals to assist major international groups, SMEs, private investors and public bodies at every stage in their development.
My client is looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. They want driven people who think creatively about their work. For people who embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems. They are also looking for people who can work well with others and like to work amongst a diverse team of people from different backgrounds
An opportunity has arisen for an individual with excellent financial analyst skills and experience of M&A transactions to work on a number of projects with our existing team of economists and lawyers.
The role will be based in London, involving some travel to meet our international clients across Europe and beyond.
- Manage/Lead small- to large-sized and multidisciplinary engagement teams
- Assist the Monitoring Trustee partner in monitoring compliance with the remedies offered to the competition authorities, with a focus on divestment commitments, monitoring the financial performance of businesses, the sales process and assessing the proposed buyers financial resources and business plans
- Manage project execution and delivery of client engagements, making sure the project is delivered within the agreed timeline and budget
- Interact with multiple key stakeholders on a regular basis (clients, competition authorities, clients' legal and financial advisors)
- Draft regular reports to competition authorities with the assistance of more junior staff, and under the supervision of engagement partners
- Identify business development opportunities and prepare client proposals in order to contribute to meeting the Consulting team's sales budget. As a Manager the role would include leading the development of opportunities in line with key areas of development
- Assist in/lead the development of training, engagement procedures and methodologies
- Mentor, coach and develop more junior staff.
- Extensive experience working with in a professional services organisation, managing financial due diligence, financial advisory and/or other transaction related engagements.
- Strong academic background with financial qualifications such as ACA, ACCA or CFA (or equivalent).
- Experience of competition economics and competition policy would be advantageous
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data with a critical eye, generate insights and construct solutions are required.
- Flexible, self-motivated, able to perform consistently at a high level under pressure, extremely well organised with high attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines, have exceptional written and verbal communications skills and be able to work both autonomously and as part of a small team.
- Experience of being in a client-facing role with an ability to build and develop relationships with all key stakeholders.
- A working knowledge of another language (German, Spanish, Chinese or other) will be advantageous.
- Strong IT skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- The ability to analyse large amounts of data.
Work within a culture of high support and high challenge.
They offer progression do this through encouragement - not pressure and competition.
Fast growing division 30% up year on year.
Great opportunity for those looking to work on International Deals.